THE ULTIMATE AUTUMN FRAGRANCE

Friday 5 September 2014





I don't really know how good I am at describing scents so I guess we'll see with this post...

Chanel N°5 is a perfume I've had a love/ hate relationship with. The first time I gave it a spray, I thought it smelled like public toilets, so it's interesting that I now adore it. It definitely is a very strong scent, you can usually tell by the description, in this case 'Eau De Parfum' which I believe means perfume water (though I think it should be 'Eau De Toilette'- I'm too funny). I actually find that a single spray is enough to last me the day, I also spray it from about 30cm away so it's not as overwhelming.

I would describe the smell as: musky, floral, woody, and deep.

Chanel N°5 was created to smell 'like a woman', not a single element- more like a delicate composition. Marilyn Monroe, the ultimate woman, was in love with this fragrance and even wore it as she slept. It's interesting that there is so much history in a bottle of perfume.

I wouldn't recommend buying the fragrance from the internet because you will either love it or hate it. With all premium perfumes, you should make sure you want to love the scent before spending that much.

If I've 'reminded' you to re-purchase, you can click here.

Love,



 
  

4 comments :

  1. While I'm not to keen on the smell of chanel no.5 I love the packaging it's so iconic!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I used to hate it! I love your blog x x

      Delete